Alaska was gorgeous. Thankfully Seattle arranged for some great weather to ease the transition back.
– Awesome: refusing money with unethical origins: Native Americans Refuse Redsk*ns Foundation Money for Skate Park (h/t @EdgeofSports)
– Issues with private management of children and family services: The Right to Parent, Even If You Are Poor (h/t @prisonculture)
– Detroit water crisis continues: Four things you should know about Detroit’s water crisis (h/t @allisonkilkenny)
– Sigh: Hobby Lobby Allegedly Fired Employee Due to Pregnancy (via @RHRealityCheck)
– Michelle Goldberg continues to disappoint: The New Yorker’s Skewed History of Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminism Ignores Actual Trans Women (h/t @melissagira)
– I usually don’t link to Vox, but the war on drugs IS, in fact, racist: The war on marijuana is racist. So is the rest of the war on drugs. (h/t @prisonculture)
– Having an opinion on Israel and Palestine: Empathizing w/ Gaza does NOT make me anti-Semitic, nor pro-Hamas or anti-Israel. It makes me human.
– About the boys killed on the beach: Four Little Boys and the Price of Play in Gaza (via @EdgeofSports)
– What happens when a person expresses support for Palestinians: The risk of opposing Israel in the US (via @ajam)
– Another perspective on the blockade of Gaza: End the Gaza blockade to achieve peace (h/t @RaniaKhalek)