What I’m Reading – September 23 2013
Written by Ashley Kelmore, Posted in What I'm Reading
Fall is here!
– Food stamps. Veterans on food stamps: My Name Is Jason, I’m A 35-Yr-Old White Male Combat Veteran…And I’m On Food Stamps
– Private prisons. Not a good idea: A Majority Of Private Prison Contracts Include ‘Lockup Quotas’ To Guarantee Profits (via @raniakhalek)
– Awesome points on food stamps: Congresswoman Uses Steak, Vodka, And Caviar To Hammer Republicans On Food Stamp Cuts (h/t @JessicaValenti)
– Blame the feminists! Blame a Feminist: The Top Tragedies Feminism Has Wrought (h/t @schemaly)
– HA HA: This Robin Thicke review is almost as good as that Chris Brown review. NO STARS.
– Canada puts its money where its mouth is: NDP wants visa ban on Russian politicians who supported anti-gay law
– Peter King: Still bad at life: Rep. Peter King Urges Racial Profiling of Somali-Americans In Wake of Kenya’s Terrorist Attack (via @raniakhalek)
– I still don’t get how this is legal in so many states: Massachusetts Might Force a Woman to Share Parental Rights with the Rapist Who Impregnated Her