What I’m Reading – September 17, 2013
Weird 24 hours in my town – a stabbing three blocks from my home, drive-by pellet shootings south of us, and a white powder issue at a nearby hotel. Ugh.
– Oh goody – super fancy surveillance cameras: New HD CCTV puts human rights at risk
– Good for her – and shame on the company: Victory! Lambda Legal Helps S.D. Transgender Employee Win Landmark Settlement (h/t @SophiaPhotos)
– OWS Anniversary: Occupy Activists’ New Fight for Regulation, Affordable Housing and Social Justice (via @AllisonKilkenney)
– Even in the Not For Profit world, the wage gap persists: Same Job, Same Size Budget Equals Less Pay for Women (h/t @JessicaValenti)
– This is awesome and I support it: A Statement of Trans-Inclusive Feminism and Womanism (h/t @JessicaValenti)
– Interesting development: Yellen as Fed chair would be tougher on banks (via @PublicI)