What I’m Reading – August 12 2013
Below are articles that have pretty much entirely come to me based on folks I follow on Twitter.
– Look who’s come around and embraced science: CNN’s Gupta: I Was Wrong About Marijuana
– Stop it, pro-British folks: Northern Ireland clashes leave 56 police, 2 civilians injured
– CA Legislature spreading ‘San Francisco Values.’ Sweet! CA Governor Signs Transgender Student Bill
– Oh so we’re denying organs to kids because they’ve had legal troubles? FFS Dying Teen Is Being Denied A Heart Transplant Because He’s Had Trouble With The Law
– Well that’s fantastic. Also, Mayor Bloomberg and Ray Kelly? You’re done. Just stop. Judge Rejects New York’s Stop-and-Frisk Policy
– No idea who HS is? You’re lucky: When Will We Stop Talking About Hugo Schwyzer? Whenever His Victims Want To Stop, Damn It.
– I’ve only just learned about him, and I’m embarrassed for how Big Feminism has handled itself: An Open Letter to Big Feminist Media Regarding Hugo Schwyzer
– Man, I wish I could have seen this live: Jessica Luther’s Talk from the Opening Plenary of Forging Justice
– Why do these disgusting places get *any* taxpayer dollars? The Trojan Horse of the Anti-Choice Movement
– In today’s “Football Player Rapist” news: Four former Vanderbilt football players charged with rape of unconscious woman
– Finally, if you’re on twitter, please go check out #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen. It is an AMAZING tag started by a woman of color that is good for all of us privileged white women to read, understand, and learn from.