What I’m Reading – September 10 2013
It’s going to be in the 90s in Seattle tomorrow. That is not okay.
– The depressing reality of programming and young women: To My Daughter’s High School Programming Teacher (h/t @baubert)
– Bloomberg sinks lower; I’m so happy that NYC will have a new mayor soon: A Lesson on Racism for Mayor Bloomberg (h/t @LaurenARankin)
– Interesting read: How the right plays with murder: The antiabortion movement’s cycle of violence
– A man pleads guilty to tricking his girlfriend into taking an abortificant. The problem: Undermining Our Rights In Order To Save Them (via @ShakesTweets)
– I do not miss the often disgusting and violating encounters I had on the subway in NYC: The Soapbox: Why Do We Feel Ashamed For Being Sexually Harassed? (via @LaurenARankin)
– Oh Richard Dawkins. Your a dick (TM): Richard Dawkins Pedophilia Remarks Provoke Outrage (h/t @SophiaPhotos)
– Bad. Ass. Fashion first when plus-size styles hit runway (via @ajam)
– Well this seems awesome: AFL-CIO Adds Transgender Protections To Its Constitution (h/t @SophiaPhotos)
– So, yeah. If I were to drink beer? This ad would totally win me over: An Incredible New Guinness Ad Breaks The Industry Stereotype (h/t @WomenActMedia)
– This pic still has me giggling. The Mister is not as amused. Whatever: SO FUNNY (via @AngryBlackLady)
– But tonight we end with something ADORABLE: An Otter showing you its baby.